Conduct an observation of 1-2 hours in a location that is not a school (e.g., mall, movie theatres, athletic or musical organizations, pizza arcade, church, parks) where students congregate and observe:
1. Communication styles (verbal and nonverbal) At our family dinner I noticed that the old kids was not talking to each other. They was standing or sitting around texting on their phones or on the internet. They younger kids was running around playing with each other. The older kids only talked when they wanted something or when somebody asked them something. 2. Social/interpersonal behaviors: The older kids was not very social. When it came to interpearsonal behaviors I noticed that my youngest son was showing out in front of the other kids by fighting his big brother. His brother was not trying to fight back he was just launghing at him. My oldest son is very shy. The other kids some to be more laid back.
3. Topics of discussion: At dinner time the ask question like: what school you go to? How old are you? Do you have a girlfriend or boyfriend? What type of food you like to eat? What sport do you play? What is your favorite basketball team? Who you think is going to make it to the playoff games these year.
4. Verbiage: None of the children used verbiage when they talked to each other or others.
5. Attitudes: The kids was all in a very good moody
6. Clothing and body art, e.g., tattoos, piercings, etc. The boys had on hoodies, t-shirts, jeans and Nike, and Addias. None of the kids had any kind of body art, tattoos. But they did have their ear pierced.
Reflect on your observation experience. Write a 500-750-word reflection describing the communication styles, social/interpersonal behaviors, topics of discussion, common phrases and verbiage, attitudes, and clothing and body art.
Be sure to include any surprises you encountered versus what you expected.
GCU style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a scoring guide. Instructors will be using the scoring guide to grade the assignment.